1. Wearing a Face Mask more often. We tend to only wear our masks when the pollution is really nasty. Although the weather has been really nice recently, we should still protect ourselves when it gets bad.
2. Branching out to other parts of the city. If you live in Wudaokou, you should leave the pull of 5 RMB Beers. If you live in Sanlitun or Gulou, venture out to the other cool places in the city.
3. Leave the city limits once and a while. After driving out of the sixth ring road, you can find really beautiful places. Go hiking, camping, and explore what Beijing has to offer. Beijing is huge and there are still lots of cool place that we have yet to discover.
4. Speaking better Chinese! Try to set concrete goals that you can actually achieve. (Shameless plug: Study at Sinology Institute!)You can speak Chinese better than Mark Zuckerberg if you set your mind to IT!
5. Taking better care of yourself! Beijing's environment is not always conducive to perfect health. We are NOT forever young. Drink water. Take care of your teeth. Moisturize!
6. Stop Smoking. With Beijing's air, a common attitude tends to be might as well have a cigarette.
7. Attending different types of activities with or without booze. There are so many different cultural activities, lectures, and other fun things going on in Beijing. Try some of them out.
8. Eating Less late night chuanr
9. Passing less judgment on fresh off the boat expats. I know, I know…it's difficult. You were once that person too.
10. Moderation in all forms. Save it for the year of the sheep. Ride out the rest of the rest of the year of the horse with some Baijiu.
11. Learning how to cook one Chinese dish. We have all been living here long enough and it's not like vegetables are expensive.
12. Bicycling more carefully. Almost getting hit by a car happens so frequently that it does not even seem to faze us anymore. "My life was in danger today…just another Tuesday in Beijing."
13. Reevaluating how we spend money. 60 RMB for a craft beer. Acceptable. 60 RMB per something you actually need. 太贵了！
If you have any suggestions or topics that you would like to read or learn about, send us a Wechat message!